Steak Tacos with peppers & onions
1 lb. raw beef flank (or round) steak
1 tsp. chili powder
Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
1 tsp. olive oil
1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warm
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh cilantro (or Italian parsley)
1. Rub steak with chili powder, salt and pepper. Let “marinade” overnight or in pre-meal prepped container for up to 5 days.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add steak; cook for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until it reaches desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat.
4. Cover steak with aluminum foil; let rest for 5 minutes.
5. Add onion and bell pepper to skillet; cook on medium heat, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Remove from heat.
6. Cut steak against the grain into thin slices.
7. Top tortillas evenly with beef, onion mixture, and lime juice; garnish with cilantro.
8. Serve immediately.